Thursday, January 13, 2011

a knit

The wool swatch I nearly ate thinking it was a triscuit became this dress:



I love it. All I wanted was for those two colors (offensive marigold and offensive dusty pink) to look weird together. Mission accomplished.



I would write a pattern for it but why? It is just a simple ass raglan sweater dress. I cast on for a wide neck, increased in a roughly 15/30/15/30 (obviously these numbers do not add up to 100% but you get the point) fashion until it felt loose and comfortable, and knitknitknitknitknit in plain stockinette alternating the colors every row with my favorite 1X2 twisted rib on all the edges. This dress was a favorite one for me to bring to the pub as motor skills and concentration are not required although a strong motivation to continue sitting in one spot is. I knit it on US #10 Addi Natural Turbos so it is quite loose and went quickly.

Knitting has been kind of slow recently because of the tape on my knuckles. I punched the wall on accident climbing.

No comments:

Post a Comment