Tuesday, January 4, 2011

friends, fiber and food



What's on my needles today. To be thigh highs for me, but mostly for my man.

I love my friends, I love how they think when I knit plain stockinette it is gorgeous and when I don't get as far as they thought I would on a sock they are disappointed and that they want me to be proud of them for quitting cancer sticks. I am very proud, I love my friends.



This is knitshits, and the more I learn about food and the more I learn about fiber the more I find they are kin. Food is medicine and fiber is food for the outside of your body. They are gifts from the plants and the animals and perfect for our minds and bodies. Lil Dubz is a new vegetarian and I want to share some of my shits along with my knits. I brought the ensalade de aguacates in the blue bowl to our potluck and here the recipe is:

6 hass avocado
2 big juicy tomatos
1 head of garlic
1 big bunch of cilantro
1/3 cup grapeseed veganaise
5 limes

Combine the juice of 3 limes, the veganaise, all the garlic all chopped up, and half the cilantro. Add one avocado and smash it and combine it as best you can to make the dressing for your salad. Cut up the rest of the avocados and tomatoes and gently fold them in. Finish with a wreath of cilantro and lime.

No comments:

Post a Comment