Sunday, August 29, 2010

ok, blocking.

I'm still a little new to knitting and I hadn't ever blocked anything until I realized that the point of my thick n thin vest's hood could be much pointier and the whole thing needed a bath anyways. I don't have blocking wires so I ran lengths of Berroco Suede through all the selvedges. I very gently hand washed it in ice water with Bronner's and baking soda then the Taj Mahal came to life.





To achieve the pointy tip of the hood I was after, I ran some yarn through the very tip of the hat and up around an overhanging floor lamp. I am quite pleased with the results. It smells delicious, things are straighter and pointier, and drape was MUCH improved. Its a pleasure to arrange the wet knitting exactly how you want it, but its torture waiting for it to be bone dry.



2 comments: