Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Climbtime

Bouldering indoors is my kind of sport. It's inside soft floors and colorful walls. There are snacks, cubbies and comforting chalk bags. I knit my chalk bag with just one supersized skein of sugar n cream on #7, complete with a clif bar sized pocket and a loop for a carabiner or belt should my crotch get over it's fear of harnesses.



The bottom is garter, big enough for two fists plus some room. This is a good, quick project for refining your picking up and grafting gauge, all the knitting is just knit and purl. I lined it with fleece, reinforced the corners with coffee swizzle sticks so it can stand up straight, and installed magnetic purse clasps. Chalk makes a mess.

Yesterday, I was climbing and I fell on my elbow the wrong way. Knitting is in slow motion. Sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment