Monday, August 2, 2010

bOObies

Florida's seasons: Summer A, You Can't Breathe Outside, Summer B, and Outside Feels Like A Windy Inside. In celebration of Summer B:



I love natural fibres, but why in the hell are there so many Ravelers that knit or crochet bikinis in cotton!? This top is made of Berroco Suede in Roy Rodgers, 100% fake ass nylon. Like normal, useful swimwear. All the staps are 5 stitches on #6 needles, and I simply yarned over to increase. There is elastic sewn into the insides to keep the stockinette from rolling and for general sturdiness.

I'm addicted to Project Runway. I watch it online because I don't know how to work things like fax machines and TVs. I was pleased to learn there was a knitwear designer (Michael) on the show this season, but he knits with a machine and all his "knit" pieces are sewn together. Seamlessness is one of hand knitting's greatest virtues, this top has no clasps, seams or stringy bits.




No comments:

Post a Comment