Saturday, March 5, 2011

vegan queso

2 parts nutritional yeast
1 part salsa
1 part milk of your choice, or veganaise/aqua

Credit to kiltoy for inspiring me to make this to cover some yammy sweet potato-black bean-quinoa burritos. Lotsa recipes floating around like this in the tubes that include all sorts of other spices (usually garlic powder and paprika), but I believe if you start out with delicious salsa, extra spices are unnecessary. Yesterday for lunch I put this on a egg-spinach-mushroom bagel-sandwich. Made sense to me.

My roomie acquired a futon at a garage sale and part of our cleaning process included laying it out in the bright Florida sun for a few hours on both sides. I'm sick as a dog and figured the same concept could be applied to my body, so I layed out for the first time this season. Felt good, I do feel better. Some of my favorite people are on spring break from Boston schools this week, they say it was in the 20s up there. I love Florida, I love Orlando.

No comments:

Post a Comment