Wednesday, March 9, 2011

the american dream

A knit! I'm took advantage of my bad cold to chip away my Google Reader bankruptcy due to post-New York and Paris Fashion Week videos. I was particularly inspired by this garment to use up some Gedifra Fashion Trend Gold that I did not buy enough of, if I'm only covering one shoulder, problem solved! I don't remember what show this is from.



I had three balls, and I allotted one to each of my three ideas for the garment. First, I wanted a one shouldered raglan yoke with a cap sleeve. Second ball finished the bottom and connected for the button band. The third ball was devoted entirely to a cowl neck. The result:





Some of my friends don't like this and I understand why, it is a "make do" garment. This is what happens when you don't buy enough yarn and end up hating it after the first swatch. I don't recommend this yarn, especially if you have sensitive skin. The gold leaf does. not. stay. on the yarn and after working it you'll be bedazzled. Hence only using knit/purl stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment