Tuesday, December 7, 2010

To Florida, my home, my love and my people on responsible fiber choices

Cotton is not an acceptable fiber to wear when it is 32f in the mornings. Please replace your seven cotton sweatshirts (you look ridiculous) with animal fiber. Wool is the gift from the sheep. Down is the birds' gift. Dressing for winter weather doesn't mean wearing every long sleeve cotton thing you own at one time, it means switching fibers and layering to lessen bulk. It means pampering your extremities with cashmere and mohair. I know its new, I know its cold, I know you're going to have to wear clothes and all and we aren't used to having to do that around here but I promise. You don't have to be cold, baby.

Wool.

Socks.

Hats.

PLEASE put a good warm hat on, Florida. The season has just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment